Releases newsletter mailing list
Since the september 9th, 2007, BagBipe have been upgraded to release number 1.0.
On february 2nd, 2008, 1.0 release stopped living and 1.1 releases replaced it as the "unstable" release.
On april 11th, 2008, 1.1 release stopped living and 1.2 releases replaced it as the "unstable" release.
On june 7th, 2008, 1.2 release stopped living and 1.3 releases replaced it as the "unstable" release.
On june 14th, 2011, 1.4 releases replaced it as the "unstable" release.
This unstable release is updated regularly, at fix or enhancement time.
However, despite the fact that the release number remains unchanged, the software lives under configuration management :
the menu->Help->About item gives the internal releases detail. All of that is enough to rebuild the software as is.
So you are encourged to visit and visit again this site, time to time, to fully take benefit of fixes and enhancements.
All your comments or suggestions keep welcome.
Any signaled issue will be fixed - if possible - in the following hours.
Somme contributors gave me their own made scales for non bagpipe instruments ; please, do not hesitate
to send me your new scale samplings if you wish to share them with the community.
1.4 release - current, unstable
- 09/29/17 : Fix : Error at exit time.
- 02/26/17 : Fix : drones issue with pipe band start + infinite playing.
- 02/04/17 : Fix : volta brackets badly defreshed after score justification.
- 01/21/17 : Enhancement : drones volume setable.
- 01/21/17 : Fix : previous custom sounds at 22500Hz support.
- 01/21/17 : Fix : improve custom sounds features.
- 01/21/17 : Fix : no drones into WAV generated files.
- 01/21/17 : Fix : "file" menu continuously changed during waiting states (file reading ...).
- 01/15/17 : Fix : user provided samples are authorized in scotish notation.
- 01/14/17 : Enhancement : drones default se to enabled.
- 09/24/16 : New : Android release available on Google Play.
- 08/02/16 : Enhancement : support of "<" and ">" ABC features.
- 07/27/16 : Fix : lower drones volume level.
- 07/24/16 : Enhancement : read files recorded by the a-pipes.
- 07/24/16 : Enhancement : all sounds have been replaced by a-pipes samples, at 44100Hz ; more beautifull separate drones ...
- 07/24/16 : Regression fix : pipe band drums didn't work any more when stereo mode asked.
- 07/07/16 : Regression fix due to barfly support : abnormal staffs insertions.
- 10/22/15 : Enhancement : add a "X:1" line into generated ABC files.
- 10/22/15 : Enhancement : optional drones playback.
- 10/22/15 : Enhancement : foreign notes provided by user can be in WAV format.
- 05/03/15 : Fix : erroneous embelishments placement at some BWW tunes justification.
- 04/15/15 : Regression fix : error occured at play time when notes are tied from staff to staff.
- 04/06/15 : Enhancement : automatic justification : use main window width instead max staffes width.
- 04/07/15 : Regression fix : erroneous gap between drums and tune's time when tune begins with a begin repeat sign.
- 04/06/15 : Enhancement : opened tunes titles now appear on main top menu ; they can be clicked.
- 03/07/15 : Enhancement : support of ABC files containing lyrics (w:) and tied notes into parentheses.
- 12/31/14 : Enhancement : staff deletion undo available.
- 12/31/14 : Fix : compose mode no more ends when undoing a note's creation.
- 12/31/14 : Fix : current note's value was affected when moving an existing note.
- 12/29/14 : Fix : tune's title position is adjusted at justification time.
- 12/29/14 : Fix : software hanged for a while when entering compose mode ; compose mode exiting could fail.
- 11/29/14 : Enhancement : staff deletion available at contextual menu.
- 11/29/14 : Fix : no more possible to create out of ABC range notes.
- 11/28/14 : Fix : justification using top slider was erroneous if horizontal scrollbar was moved to right.
- 05/26/14 : Fix : error panel at playback time.
- 02/19/14 : Fix : MacOSX Mavericks : JPEG and PDF export failed when filename or path contained accentuated characters.
- 02/08/14 : Fix : Windows, Linux, MacOSX (but Mavericks) : JPEG and PDF export failed when filename or path contained accentuated characters.
- 02/08/14 : Fix : Mac OS X : recent files deletion menu stayed invisible.
- 02/01/14 : Regression fix : poor playback's quality in parrot mode - Windows only.
- 01/20/14 : Regression fix : abnormal visual behaviour of second metronome.
- 01/11/14 : fix : notes placement is made more accurate ; no more error message at sound echoing.
- 11/11/13 : Fix : Mac OS X : temporary (or not ?) workaround for "Mavericks" release.
- 11/10/13 : Enhancement : touchpad can be used to compose (vertical sliding selects note's value).
- 11/08/13 : Fix : grace notes duration is no more linked to the tempo !!!
- 10/29/13 : Regression fix : Mac OS X : crash when using parrot or drone's tuner features.
- 10/29/13 : Enhancement : horizontal scrollbar fits tune's playback.
- 10/29/13 : Enhancement : output volume is no more linked to main volume. Wave volume is set instead.
- 10/19/13 : Enhancement : it is now possible to provide your own practice pipe's scale.
- 10/13/13 : Regression fix : in some cases, a tune could be writen on an other name.
- 10/10/13 : Enhancement : Boha scale (landaise bagpipes) available.
- 10/10/13 : Fix : issues with accentuated characters at JPEG and PDF files generation.
- 09/29/13 : Regression fix : harmonies audio playback were not synchronized with tune.
- 09/13/13 : Regression fix : visual playback desynchronizes from audio playback at tune's replay.
- 09/09/13 : Fix : pipe band drums start desynchronized from tune if first bare is not a time bar (eg : start bar or repeat sign).
- 09/09/13 : Regression fix : visual playback desynchronizes from audio playback at tune's replay.
- 08/31/13 : Regression fix / Windows : metronomes clicks and preliminary times beats failed.
- 08/31/13 : Regression fix : short tune playing didn't end.
- 08/30/13 : Regression fix / Windows : could crash at playing time.
- 07/14/13 : Fix : Linux : on Ubuntu 12.01, only the top of the sheet was visible.
- 07/13/13 : Fix : Linux : crash (rarely) as mouse is located on a note.
- 07/08/13 : Fix : Windows : no more playback silence at tune's downshift.
- 07/08/13 : Fix : playback stabilisation at tune's downshift.
- 07/04/13 : Fix : playlist abstract countaining BWW tunes failed.
- 07/04/13 : fix / BWW files : bad anotations placing.
- 06/17/13 : fix : playback fluidity improvement.
- 06/13/13 : Regression fix : error while inserting a note on a blank sheet.
- 06/03/13 : Regression fix : some bugs related to playing.
- 06/02/13 : Regression fix : infinite playing could'nt be stopped (!!!).
- 06/02/13 : Fix : some issues when scoring side drum tunes.
- 05/18/13 : Enhancement : "+" key restarts the previous playing.
- 05/18/13 : Enhancement : playing performances enhancement : when playing the same tune (or part) again, audio track is no more computed again ; doing so, playing starts immediatly.
- 05/12/13 : Enhancement : command line option "-l" asks BagPipe to open files in readonly mode (eg : d:\bagpipe\bagpipe.exe -l d:\bagpipe\abc\x.abc d:\bagpipe\abc\y.abc).
- 05/02/13 : Fix : build of playlist with tune's abstracts failed.
- 13/03/13 : Fix : WAV generation from a multiple harmonies tune : voice selection pannel appeared out of screen + voice #1 was always audible even when not checked.
- 04/03/13 : Fix : toggle from practice to bagpipes and vice versa didn't work on multiple harmonies tunes.
- 03/30/13 : Enhancement : global performances enhancement.
- 17/03/13 : Enhancement : add support for some ABC files writen by Barfly sw.
- 01/26/13 : Regression fix : time numbers have been commuted (eg : 8/12 vs 12/8).
- 01/03/13 : Fix : time numbers were not allways properly centered.
- 01/03/13 : Fix : in multiple harmonies tunes, it was not possible to display a non played harmony.
- 01/03/13 : Fix : harmony numbers were suppressed at justification with the slider.
- 01/03/13 : Fix : time changes were suppressed at breton/scottish notation translation.
- 01/03/13 : Enhancement : ability to give up at quit time.
- 01/03/13 : Enhancement : global performances increasement.
- 12/29/12 : Enhancement : selection speed has been emproved.
- 12/14/12 : Enhancement : when copy/cut area concerns more than one staff, the relevant copy will concern the same staffs count.
- 12/14/12 : Fix : at compose time, the staff's lines corresponding to the note did'nt flash anymore.
- 09/16/12 : Fix : regression fix in preferences panel at police/color configuring.
- 08/16/12 : Fix : big regression with Ubuntu 11.10 : no more sound and display defects.
- 08/15/12 : Fix : anotations could be loose when saving + reading + saving again a tune.
- 08/15/12 : Fix : tempo values were rounded up to a multiple of the mesures count per minute, so a lot of tempo values were unavailable.
- 08/06/12 : Fix : staff insertion on the top induced tempo issues.
- 08/05/12 : Enhancement : support of sixty-fourth / hemidemisemiquaver notes.
- 08/05/12 : Enhancement : snare drum staffes have a single line.
- 08/04/12 : Enhancement : each staff can play a specific instrument, including snare drum, if a voice number has been assigned to this staff.
- 06/09/12 : Fix : At BWW file reading, first note of each staff was erroneously sharpened.
- 04/24/12 : Fix : in compose mode, new note could be drawn far from mouse pointer.
- 04/24/12 : Enhancement : pause / unpause while playing, using spacebar key.
- 04/12/12 : Enhancement : new feature into file menu : build your playlist with tune's abstracts.
- 04/07/12 : Enhancement : exports : process performance increasement.
- 04/07/12 : Enhancement : exports : user can check what kind of exports to do (PDF/JPG/WAV) + breton/scottish notation can be forced.
- 04/07/12 : Enhancement : new function to export tune as a JPEG file (under MacOSX and Linux, GhostScript has to be installed).
- 04/06/12 : Enhancement : tune's title is writen into PDF files (usefull on ebook readers).
- 03/31/12 : Enhancement : WAV/PDF export uses the breton/scottish current mode for all tunes + export folder memorisation.
- 03/24/12 : Fix : paste didn't occured at precise pointer location.
- 03/22/12 : Fix : Horizontal scrollbar was not updated at copy/paste time.
- 02/27/12 : Fix : BagPipe didn't start under W98 and some XP.
- 02/27/12 : Fix : under W7, drap and drop of an AB file on an opened BagPipe session had no effect.
- 02/01/12 : Fix : GIF files reading failed on Windows when extension filename contains uppercases (e.g : ".Gif").
- 12/30/11 : Enhancement : it is now possible to assign a voice number to each staff (using contextual menu) ; after that, it becomes possible to play the voices together or not.
- 12/25/11 : Enhancement : wysiwyg notes/embelishments spacing tuning.
- 12/25/11 : Enhancement : launch icon for Linux.
- 12/25/11 : Regression fix : horizontal scrollbar had disapeared.
- 12/20/11 : Fix : all is working on Linux Ubuntu 11.04.
- 12/20/11 : Fix : no more needed to recompile alsa-lib on Linux Ubuntu 11.10.
- 12/17/11 : Fix : all is working on Linux Ubuntu 11.10.
- 12/17/11 : Fix : output sound level can be tuned under Linux.
- 12/17/11 : Fix : play button stayed pressed after WAV file writing.
- 12/17/11 : Enhancement : no more limitation under Linux arround audio (using ALSA instead of OSS).
- 12/04/11 : Fix : some BWW accidentals were not supported.
- 12/04/11 : Fix : sélection did'nt work when draging from right to left.
- 12/04/11 : Enhancement : New keyboard shortcut Control-w for closing the current sheet.
- 11/20/11 : Enhancement : Copy/paste takes highlitings.
- 11/20/11 : Enhancement : Undo/Redo features extension to ties, triplets, highlitings, volta brackets.
- 11/19/11 : Enhancement : snare drum initial rolls are now played on right stereo channel, as for the bass drum, so that one can separate drums from pipes using the system stereo balance settings.
- 11/16/11 : Enhancement : Undo/Redo features extension to lines, anotations, notes modifications, cut/copy/paste.
- 11/15/11 : Enhancement : embelishments inserted from the palette or a keyboard shortcut can be "undone".
- 11/15/11 : Fix : embelishments insertion from the palette tooke place to low on the score when in breton mode.
- 10/19/11 : Enhancement : two new features into File menu : one for writing the list of currently edited tunes into a file, the other to read all tunes given such a listfile.
- 10/19/11 : Enhancement : new feature File->Export : batchly exports a tunes set as WAV+PDF files to a specified folder, e.g. an USB connected mobile device (cell phone, PDA, eBook reader, tablet PC ...).
- 10/19/11 : Enhancement : open function now accepts to read a set of files at one.
- 10/14/11 : Regression fix : error message when copying.
- 10/08/11 : Enhancement : antialiasing can be disabled into the preferences pannel.
- 09/24/11 : Fix : tie sign for notes tied over separate scores is drawn as 2 half tie signs.
- 09/24/11 : Fix : justification could fail or split flat signs.
- 09/21/11 : Enhancement : when distance between notes or grace notes is set (into preferences pannel), all opened tunes are immediatly realigned.
- 09/21/11 : Fix : copy/paste/cut acts on highligtings and volta brackets.
- 09/21/11 : Fix : justification could misform repeat signs.
- 09/21/11 : Enhancement : add a wide slider on the top of the tune for notes justification using a right margin.
- 09/21/11 : Enhancement : add justification command into the contextual menu.
- 09/21/11 : Enhancement : new command for horizontal alignment of all notes (Ctrl-r, menu Edit and contextual menu) ; this command does nothing if GIF background is present.
- 09/17/11 : Fix : notes horizontal origin control ("set ::DxPremiereNote XXX") didn't work ; new variable named ::DxPremiereNote.
- 09/15/11 : Regression fix : extra debug traces suppress.
- 09/10/11 : Fix : failed while reading an ABC tune when an erroneous linked notes group includes a grace note or an embelishment.
- 09/08/11 : Fix : failed while reading a titleless ABC tune.
- 08/14/11 : Enhancement : add justification item into Edit menu.
- 08/14/11 : Enhancement : hourglass cursor during justification.
- 08/01/11 : Regression fix : extra accidentals when converting from scottish to breton and vice versa.
- 07/19/11 : Regression fix : crash when inserting a score into a titleless sheet.
- 07/17/11 : Enhancement : predefined embelishments pannel reorganization.
- 07/16/11 : Enhancement : it is now possible to force the title to be anchored on left or right (enhanced option into bagpipe2.opt file).
- 07/16/11 : Enhancement : centered title is no more anchored at the middle of window, but at the middle of its written part instead.
- 07/15/11 : Documentation : user's defined embelishment BWW (or not) adding + columns adding into the predefined embelishments pannel.
- 07/06/11 : Enhancement : add feature to self define keyboard shortcuts for embelishements inserting ; free notes editing or click into the predefined palette, from preferences pannel.
- 07/04/11 : Fix : misfunction of embelishements palette on MAC OS X.
- 07/01/11 : Enhancement : New palette for quicly picking embelishements and inserting them into the score. Just use the "e" key (or "o" key) to make appear the palette, then click into it (or depress escape key).
- 06/26/11 : Enhancement : embelishments naming extension ==> all supported embelishments in BWW format are named.
- 06/20/11 : Regression fix : repeat bars weren't recognized in BWW files.
- 06/19/11 : Enhancement : optional simplified visual notes animation (usefull in case of desynchronization on unpowerfull computers).
- 06/08/11 : Fix : white notes and accidentals become fully transparent.
- 06/02/11 : Enhancement : new action in main menu : File->Close GIF.
- 06/02/11 : Fix : no more mix between edit colors of score wiht GIF and scores without GIF.
- 06/01/11 : Enhancement / Mac OS X : on some 64 bits Mac where antialiasing doesn't work and where scores keep definitively empty, display is now available but without antialiasing and with a poor rendering. Notice : all works in both 32 and 64 bits modes under Mac OS X 10.6.7
- 06/01/11 : Regression fix / Mac OS X : audio input and volume's control didn't work since release 1.4.
- 05/28/11 : Enhancement : notes names font becomes configurable.
- 05/27/11 : Regression fix : impossible to choose a specific scale.
- 05/21/11 : Fix : delete GIF background and return to default color at tune's closing.
- 05/21/11 : Regression fix : impossible to create au HG note.
- 05/16/11 : Regression fix : embelishments hiding was not perfect.
- 05/15/11 : Regression fix : online help didn't work on Windows.
- 05/14/11 : Regression fix : time change at non first score wasn't possible anymore.
- 05/06/11 : Enhancement : advanced configuration facilities - see en of user's guide.
- 05/05/11 : Enhancement : title centering + make room around it.
- 05/05/11 : Fix : graphical enhancements.
- 05/04/11 : Fix : disproportionated mousewheel action when out of the scrollbars.
- 05/03/11 : Regression fix : PDF generation failed in locked mode.
- 05/03/11 : Regression fix : preferences panel didn't work.
- 05/03/11 : Fix : better support of BWW files.
- 05/02/11 : Regression fix : note's creation / update didn't work.
- 05/03/11 : Enhancement : debug pannel becomes closable (it appears sometimes at BWW reading time).
- 05/02/11 : Major fix : Mac OS X release crashed if TCL 8.5 wasn't installed.
- 05/02/11 : Enhancement : colored buttons and menus boutons under Mac OS X.
- 04/23/11 : fix : color change issues when GIF in background.
- 04/23/11 : fix on MacOSX : mousewheel over horizontal scrollbar works.
- 04/23/11 : fix on MacOSX : visual pollution on the top of display when scrolling down.
- 04/23/11 : fix : time has not to appear on each score.
- 04/23/11 : regression fix : misformed accidentals in PDF output.
- 04/23/11 : regression fix : mesures font choosing did'nt impact the button in preferences pannel.
- 04/21/11 : regression fix : difficulties when positioning notes on reduced height scores.
- 04/21/11 : Notes and lines antialiasing for MacOSX.
- 04/21/11 : fix a graphical regression : strange grace notes.
- 04/20/11 : performances improvement (x3 as file reading).
- 04/18/11 : notes and lines antialiasing on Linux (needs cairo-devel to properly work).
- 04/18/11 : notes and lines antialiasing on Windows.
- 04/14/11 : graphical rendering deep enhancement :
- Notes, key, accidentals, rest signs, clef ...
- Scaling issues fix.
- Configurable colors : staff's and note's both in standard mode and in
"copy on GIF" mode, play, selection, creation and editing.
- Two available display modes for the grace notes (simple or triple queue).
- New option : notes spacing can be proportional to scores height (taken into account before numeric spacing values).
- A lot of small functional fixes and looking enhancements.
1.4 release creation
- 03/24/11 : Fix : online help could fail, for new users only, since freewrap 6.42 use on Windows (since march 22).
- 03/24/11 : Fix : bad redraw after inserting a score between scores.
- 03/24/11 : Fix : bad remembering of ABC/BWW default open path.
- 03/22/11 : Fix : use freewrap 6.42 for Windows because BagPipe did'nt even start on Windows NT.
- 03/20/11 : Regression fix : since availability of mousewheel into the scrollbars, opened pannels (eg : preferences pannel) were dropped to the background.
- 03/20/11 : Enhancement : New mode where editing is forbiden. A new button is used to enter/leave this mode.
- 03/19/11 : Fix : justification improvements.
- 03/16/11 : MacOSX : help bullets work fine.
- 03/16/11 : MacOSX : icons are drawn into the top buttons configuration bar.
- 03/16/11 : Fixes : impossible to edit a scoreless tune ; after closing all tunes, an editable windows allways remains.
- 03/15/11 : Numerous optimizations : ABC/BWW reading, selection, transposition, resizing ... + a lot of fixes.
- 03/12/11 : Regression fix : impossible to play if tune contains volta brackets.
- 03/12/11 : Regression fix : impossible to enter the compose mode after having entered one of the scrollbars.
- 03/08/11 : Optimizations : improve ABC/BWW reading time and selection dragging is made quicker.
- 03/08/11 : Fix : notes names update when moving up or down.
- 03/08/11 : A set of fixes about volta brackets (justification, ABC readind and ABC writing).
- 03/08/11 : Enhancement : mousewheel is active in both scrollbars.
- 03/05/11 : Enhancement : new buttons in tool bar + tool bar becomes customizable.
- 03/05/11 : Fix : after preference pannel call, no confirmation was asked for modified tunes at quit time.
- 03/05/11 : Enhancement : no justification (manual or automatic) is possible while a GIF background is present.
- 03/05/11 : Enhancement : new option for foreign scales : notes can be tied or not at play time.
- 02/28/11 : Enhancement : merge Windows look & feel to linux release.
- 02/24/11 : fix : standalone metronome tempos were false at 3 and 4 times.
- 02/22/11 : Regression fix : portrait and landscape pixel heights were permuted.
- 02/22/11 : Regression fix : can't read "::pixelsParPagePDF": no such variable message.
- 02/21/11 : Enhancement : FDF output's top and left margins are setable.
- 02/21/11 : Fix : missing recording parts in parrot feature + tunable input threshold.
- 02/20/11 : Fix : enhanced look of beamed notes.
- 02/20/11 : Enhancement : as an option, FDF file can be overwriten without confirmation.
- 02/20/11 : Fix : notes can no more be beamed if on different staffs.
- 02/20/11 : Enhancement : staffs are extended to max length when entering compose mode ; allways crop at right in automatic justification mode.
- 02/19/11 : Enhancement : full tune duration appears in a balloon at tune's play time.
- 02/19/11 : Enhancement : new staffs automatic justification mode (preference pannel) + justification command Ctrl-j.
- 02/19/11 : Enhancement : new notebook preference pannel.
- 02/17/11 : Enhancement : control of font and color for time, rests and tempo from preference pannel.
- 02/17/11 : Enhancement : control of default font and color for both title and anotations from preference pannel.
- 02/16/11 : Enhancement : full control of font and color for existing title and anotations.
- 02/07/11 : Fix / MAC OS X : in case of mouse wheel emulation using Prior/Next, contextual menu becomes accessible using Control-click.
- 02/07/11 : Fix / MAC OS X : Alt-* shortcuts are working now ; Control-* sequences can be done using the "apple" key.
- 02/07/11 : Enhancement : add a user's command table into the user's guide + describes MAC OS X operator actions (keyboard + mouse).
- 01/29/11 : Enhancement : standalone metronome can be started/stopped using any keyboard key + its parameters are saved.
- 01/01/11 : Regression fix : when closing a score, BagPipe exited.
- 19/12/10 : Fix : contextual menu is linked to right mouse button and sheet browsing to the middle one on Mac OS X.
- 12/19/10 : Enhancement : the default WEB browser is now used for help reading on Windows and Mac OS X.
- 12/19/10 : Fix : default PDF reader can be launched on Mac OS X.
- 12/19/10 : Fix : tempo change without associated time change was not saved.
- 12/18/10 : Major Enhancement : new Mac OS X Intel, full function release (including output level tuning, parrot and drone tunner), fully Mac integrated.
- 11/19/10 : Enhancement : add copy, cut and paste commands into contextual menu.
- 11/18/10 : Fix : embelishments naming was not issued after breton/scottish transposition.
- 11/17/10 : Fix : selection was pasted far on cursor left if window was scrolled.
- 11/17/10 : Fix : selection paste did'nt update horizontal scrollbar.
- 11/17/10 : Fix : when copying an empty selection, previous buffer was canceled.
- 11/13/10 : Fix : enhancement of print setup to take into account further paper perforation.
- 11/13/10 : Fix : fix higlighting print issues + enhancement of notes graphical quality.
- 11/12/10 : Enhancement : window's dimensions are conserved from session to session.
- 11/11/10 : Enhancement : add an information message explaining that modifications int the preferences pannel are immediates.
- 11/08/10 : Enhancement : mouse wheel emulation using Prior/Next (PgUp/PgDwn) keys can be unset ; in such case, keys are affected to tune's scrolling.
- 10/22/10 : Fix regression : ineffective playing when editing a brand new tune.
- 10/20/10 : Fix regression : "q" command fails.
- 10/17/10 : Fix : update recent files management, especialy concerning BWW files and BWW files saved in ABC format.
- 10/17/10 : Enhancement : format BWW better reading (texts) + interpretation of time/tempo changes.
- 10/16/10 : Fix : fix a group of regressions around time/tempo changes.
- 10/16/10 : Fix : deselecting while tune playing caused a note remaining painted in green.
- 10/15/10 : Fix : tune's level tempo change should impact staff #0 tempo.
- 10/15/10 : Fix : time change on staff #0 should impact the tune's level time.
- 10/15/10 : Enhancement : it becomes possible to change the tempo of one staff (using contextual menu).
- 10/15/10 : Fix : time change could modify all following notes.
- 10/13/10 : Fix : tune playing + drums uses a constant tempo (instead of a constant time duration).
- 10/12/10 : Fix : change of a note's duration were not taken as a modification (no confirmation asked at close time).
- 10/11/10 : Enhancement : it becomes possible to change the time of one staff (using contextual menu)."
- 10/11/10 : Enhancement : new shortcut Control-Shift-s for "Save as ..."
- 10/09/10 : Fix : command "Save" of the "File" menu failed.
- 10/09/10 : Fix : add non bagpipes notes naming.
- 10/09/10 : Fix : non bagpipes notes deletion failed.
- 08/29/10 : Enhancement : add most common embelishments naming.
- 08/28/10 : Enhancement : add optional notes naming (see Options->Preferences pannel). Embelishments are not yet named using their piobaireachd name.
- 08/03/10 : Enhancement : Undo/redo actions apply to notes and embelishments insertions.
- 07/14/10 : Enhancement : add Undo/redo actions (partial implementation).
- 07/14/10 : Fix : little regressions since july the 12th release.
- 07/12/10 : Enhancement : "File" and "Windows" menus can be detached (tearoff menu).
- 07/12/10 : Fix : troubles when removing a filenames from the recently played list if this menu is in tearoff mode.
- 05/14/10 : Fix : some notes could stay red after playback stop.
- 05/13/10 : Fix : desynchronisation detween sound and notes animation (on low computers).
- 05/11/10 : Enhancement : include optional drums into WAV export files.
- 05/08/10 : Enhancement : each window/tune can have its own GIF backgroud.
- 05/08/10 : Enhancement : GIF backgroud can me moved dragging Ctrl-left_mouse_button ; usefull when digitalizing multi-pages tunes.
- 05/08/10 : Fix : no more "can't read yp1: no such variable" error message.
- 05/08/10 : Fix : doubling insertion less close from the note on the right.
- 04/22/10 : Fix : 12/8 time is fixed (conversion between time and tempo + drums).
- 04/11/10 : Fix : drone tunner's HA frequency was to low.
- 04/05/10 : Fix : tempo value was not updated when swapping from score to score using Windows menu.
- 03/24/10 : Enhancement : english user's guide + english release for Windows + Linux + MacOSX..
- 03/21/10 : Enhancement : english language available.
- 03/13/10 : standalone metronome fix : no crash if tempo=0 ;
times count taken into account ("4 times" measure = 2 times faster than the "2 times" one).
- 03/06/10 : Fix : no more tie split at playing time in case of a barline in the middle.
- 03/06/10 : Fix : a filename containing square brackets was added to recently played list, even if it was already into.
- 03/02/10 : Enhancement : new standalone metronome (Options menu).
- 02/28/10 : Fix : square brackets into a filename prohibited adding to the recently played list.
- 01/28/10 : Enhancement : BWW pibreached embellishments suport add.
- 01/28/10 : Enhancement : it becomes possible to remove filenames from the recently played list + list size is extended to 30 items.
- 01/28/10 : Enhancement : new "Close" button in the top menu.
- 12/27/09 : Enhancement / drums : optional stereo playing (drums on a channel, instrument on the other one) and faster playing start.
- 12/26/09 : Enhancement / online help : new commands Control-Home et Control-End.
- 12/26/09 : Fix : bottom margin reduction.
- 12/22/09 : Enhancement / drums : support of 6/4 times measure.
- 12/22/09 : Enhancement : online help available on Mac OS X.
- 12/18/09 : Enhancement / percussions : suport of 9/8 times measure.
- 12/18/09 : Fix : some notes remained red after playing stop.
- 12/16/09 : Fix Linux : PDF generation didn't work anymore.
- 12/16/09 : Fix Mac OS X : PDF generation didn't work.
- 12/14/09 : Fix Linux et Mac OS X : bass drum not earable.
- 12/14/09 : Fix Linux : no more need to define the LANG variable for french accents.
- 12/12/09 : Fix Mac OS X : executable is inserted into a (compressed) tar file to preserve its exec attribut; fix of french accents issue.
- 12/05/09 : Fix drums : no more "4/4 march" detection based on the
"march" word detection in the title : all 4/4 keep a 4 times rythmic and are treated as marches.
By an other hand, 4/4 "reel" should be updated to the 2/2 time (slashed C), so that the bass drum
beats twice per measure.
- 12/05/09 Fix : suport of BWW C_ (slashed C time) ==> 2/2 time.
- 12/02/09 Fix : End of option "Drums" debug : 3/4 time fix and
suport of 4/4 "march".
- 12/02/09 Enhancement : "Help->About" pannel contains now the internal releases detail.
- 11/30/09 option "Drums" debug ;
regression fix (impossible to continuously play a tunes).
- 11/29/09 Enhancement : new option "Options->Preferences->
pipe band drums." playing (even silent playing) is optionally preceeded
by a pipe band drums start (bass drum + snare drum rolls) followed by bass drum rythmic.
- 11/29/09 Fix : scale change or bagpipes to practice change was not taken into account (except
when leaving and reopening BagPipes.
- 11/29/09 Fix : an error message occured at drones tunner's window closing.
- 11/11/09 Enhancement : add highlighting colors.
- 11/10/09 Fix : invalid message when leaving BagPipe whith a non saved score.
- 11/08/09 Fix : BWW file without tempo directive reading failed. Tempo is defaulted to 90.
- 11/08/09 Fix : BWW file containing notes without value reading failed ; note is ignored.
- 10/18/09 Enhancement : display the ABC filename in the confirmation pannel "Work not saved ...".
- 10/18/09 Enhancement : pixels coutn per PDF page becomes tunnable.
- 09/24/09 Fix : remove debug traces at ABC fiel writing.
- 09/05/09 Fix important regression since 05/20/09 : volta brackets in old ABC files wher no more displayed.
- 08/17/09 Fix : remove erro messages when reading some BWW files.
- 09/05/09 regression fix
- 08/26/09 Fix : 1.3 release doesn't work any more on Windows 95/98.
- 17/08/09 Fix : ABC and BWW files remain openned during the whole session.
- 08/16/09 Enhancement : sound volume is coupled to system's volume (Windows wave volume,
Mono on Linux) ; so, sound volume is keeped at the end of session.
- 08/16/09 Fix : in breton notation, highlight overlapped volta brackets.
- 07/26/09 Fix : last WAV write directory was not stored as default for the next time.
- 07/13/09 Fix : staffs insertion doesn't work in all cases.
- 06/06/09 Fix : playing is now stopped by any operator's actions.
- 06/04/09 Fix : P and Q keys become inhibited during playing.
- 05/24/09 Fix : red played notes becomed unsynchronized after a while.
- 05/21/09 Fix : PDF generation robustification.
- 05/20/09 Fix : regression concerning volta brackets(brackets after a repeat sign where not played).
- 05/20/09 Enhancement : at file opening, 3 filtres are proposed : ABC+BWW, ABC and BWW.
- 05/20/09 Fix : on linux, output volume control didn't work always (depending on linux releases).
- 05/20/09 Fix : detailed message if the PDF reader is not found.
- 05/16/09 Fix : BagPipe hanged at last score closing.
- 05/16/09 Fix : some notes remained painted in red after some playing when using
"P" or "Q" keys.
- 05/15/09 Enhancement : embellishments do not overwrite anotations and volta brackets in scottish.
- 05/15/09 Fix : little defects when rescaling the staffs.
- 05/14/09 Fix : Fix a second regression making some ABC files unreadable.
- 05/13/09 Fix : Fix a regression making some ABC files unreadable.
- 05/13/09 Fix : error at highlighting time if the area begins or finish on a barline.
- 05/12/09 Enhancements : suport of all volta brackets forms "2 of X".
- 05/10/09 Enhancements :
- Tempo and time (measures/minute) become coupled and reflect each other.
- BWW format reading suport : light music embellishments.
- BWW format reading suport : volta brackets beginning in the middle of a measure suport.
- volta brackets : contextual menu deeply updated.
- 04/28/09 Fix : random error at PDF generation time : ps2pdf.bat was not found.
- 03/01/09 Enhancement : at PDF generation end,
optionnal PDF reader launch (default one on Windows, designated one on Linux).
- 03/01/09 Enhancement : at note insertion, action of the mouse wheel was cyclic. It becomes an option.
- 02/03/09 Enhancement : WAV file export.
- 01/28/09 Fix : on Linux, warning pannel in case of /dev/sound/dsp open for writing failure.
- 12/26/08 Fix : memory leak in the drone's tunner.
- 12/26/08 Fix : reference scale adjustment for the drones tunner.
- 11/23/08 Enhancement : add bagpipes scale's notes in the the drones tunner's spectrogram ; pitch is configurable given the G frequency.
- 10/23/08 Fix : calculation of frequencies displayed in the drones tunner has been improved.
- 10/12/08 Fix : a regression avoided some fingering display.
- 11/08/08 Fix : enhancement of the drones tunner interface and debug.
- 10/08/08 Fix : bad calculation of the tempo in BWW files with a 6/8 time.
- 11/03/08 Enhancement : new fonction : the drones tunner.
- 10/23/08 Enhancement : new embellishments suport in BWW file reading.
- 10/16/08 Enhancement : suport of triplets in BWW file reading.
- 10/15/08 Enhancement : Control-Tab sequence to swap form score to score.
- 10/12/08 better suport in BWW file reading.
- 10/10/08 Enhancement : staff insertion between two existing staffs.
- 10/08/08 Major enhancement : suport of BWW file format as input.
- 10/06/08 Enhancement : volta brackets suport at playing time.
- 10/05/08 Fix : bad count mode in "measures before playing".
- 10/05/08 Enhancement : "measures before playing" becomes a parameter.
- 10/05/08 Enhancement : repeat signs are taken into account at playing time.
- 09/17/08 Enhancement : barline generate a flash and a sound at playing time.
- 09/13/08 Fix : it was impossible to highlight a single note.
- 09/08/08 Fix : highlighting noteless area brought corrupted ABC files.
- 08/24/08 Fix : fingering display didn't work any more ...
- 08/21/08 Fix : berton score including a 4 or 5 flats in the key signature couldn't be transposed to the scottish notation.
- 08/20/08 Fix : input while in scottish notation gave hybrid scores.
- 08/05/08 Fix : inconsistent focus after measure/minute keyboard input.
- 07/22/08 Fix : horizontal scrollbar a bit to short for some scores.
- 07/13/08 Fix : change in ABC files generation : no more "G:Cornemuse" scale indication. Now, if instrument is not a bagpipes,
scale should be provided.
- 07/11/08 Fix : bad middle mouse button treatment. New created notes were placed far from the pointer.
- 07/11/08 Fix : bad sound rendering at note's insertion time, if bagpipes or practice scale is selected.
- 07/10/08 Fix : copy/paste between breton and scottish scores leads to notes offsets.
- 07/04/08 Fix : a parasite lien could appear in PDF files.
- 06/14/08 Fix : paste of copied notes failed : vertical offset in copied notes.
- 06/11/08 Enhancement : multi-measure rest insertion.
- 06/10/08 Fix : highlighting height is augmented in order to overwrite also out of staff notes.
- 06/09/08 Enhancement : add protection to prohibit scottish mode choice when a foreign scale has been activated.
- 06/09/08 Fix : bad picturing of embellishments when a foreign scale has been activated.
- 06/09/08 Enhancement : scale extended to 19 notes.
- 06/08/08 Enhancement : add rest signs insertion.
- 06/07/08 Enhancement : duration of silence in parrot mode (before recording stops) becomes configurable.
- 06/07/08 Enhancement : begin of the extension to wind based instruments :
- scale is extended and becomes chromatic, accidentals can be inserted and key signature is configurable.
- add rest signs insertion.
- add configurable scales.
- notes can be tied or not.
- 07/06/08 Enhancement : default note come to crotchet.
- 07/06/08 Fix : tied notes are all painted in red at playing time.
- 07/06/08 Fix : when the pointer crossed a (green) selected note, it was painted in blue.
1.3 release creation
- 05/17/08 Fix : if tied notes were not on the same staff, notes durations were erroneous at playing time.
- 05/12/08 Enhancement : tempo value is write in ABC file.
- 05/11/08 Enhancement : PDF generation at constant scale.
- 05/10/08 Enhancement : C:\Temp directory is no more used.
- 05/09/08 Fix : regression : saving was no more possible !
- 05/09/08 Fix : bad pointer icon after escape key depressing.
- 05/09/08 Fix : horizontal scrollbar followes the notes at playing time.
- 05/09/08 Enhancement : add horizontal scrollbar (yes !).
- 04/30/08 Fix : Linux do not work because of a missing file.
- 04/11/08 Fix : performances enhancement.
- 04/09/08 Enhancement : the 20 last recently read files are stored and accessible through the File menu.
- 04/06/08 Enhancement : bigger characters for anotations.
- 04/06/08 Enhancement : new spinbox widget for measures/minute selection.
- 04/06/08 Enhancement : automatic barline on staff's left side.
- 04/06/08 Enhancement : notes notation more compacte.
- 04/06/08 Enhancement : possibilité de placer des barres horizontales au dessus des mesures.
- 04/05/08 Enhancement : Play and Stop buttons are merged into a single one.
1.2 release creation
- 03/24/08 Enhancement : use of middle mouse button to scroll the score bidirectionally.
- 03/23/08 Enhancement : staff insertion applies previous spacing.
- 03/23/08 Enhancement : keep memory of the last directories used for ABC, GIF and PDF access.
- 03/23/08 Fix : vertical scrollbar loose if a very height GIF file is read.
- 03/23/08 Enhancement : sound rendering at note's moving becomes an option.
- 03/23/08 Fix : last notes group played could be audible.
- 03/15/08 Enhancement : multi-scores mode improvement.
- 03/15/08 Enhancement : two different sounds for the metronome : a light one for the tempo, a strong one for the measures.
- 03/15/08 Enhancement : add file's icon "drag and drop" on Windows.
- 03/13/08 Enhancement : add the multi-scores mode ; it becomes possible to copy/cut/paste form one score to an other one.
- 03/10/08 Fix : playing defect at repeat time, if playing is perpetual.
- 03/01/08 PDF scaling improvements.
- 02/24/08 Regression Fix : breton accidentals where no more playable. Executable size optimization.
- 02/24/08 Fix : playing could be altered by major CPU activity.
- 02/10/08 Enhancement : add some sharpened notes.
- 02/10/08 Enhancement : add two breton key signatures.
- 02/04/08 Enhancement : options are saved in C:\Documents and Settings\<UserName>
- 02/04/08 Enhancement : preferences are merged into a single pannel.
- 02/04/08 Fix : PDF padding improvements.
- 02/03/08 Enhancement : keyboard shortcuts for embellishments insertion.
- 02/03/08 Regression fix : barline insertion exited the composition mode.
- 02/03/08 Enhancement : breton/scottish mode is saved for next sessions.
- 02/03/08 Enhancement : add grip, toarluath, D-throw.
- 02/02/08 Enhancement : add triplets creation.
1.1 release creation
- 01/27/08 Enhancement : new option for silent playing.
- 01/26/08 Enhancement : tied notes were played separately.
- 01/22/08 Enhancement : add highlighting.
- 01/08/08 Enhancement : add ledger lines.
- 01/08/08 Enhancement : grace notes duration becomes tunnable.
- 01/02/08 Enhancement : tempo is saved for further session.
- 01/02/08 Enhancement : new option : the perpetual playing.
- 12/16/07 Enhancement : add PDF files creation.
- 12/02/07 Enhancement : status/debug bottom line suppression.
- 11/06/07 Enhancement : multi-lines selection.
- 11/02/07 Enhancement : options are saved when leaving.
- 11/02/07 Enhancement : metronome speed can be changed without stopping it.
- 11/02/07 Enhancement : optional measures wait before playing.
- 10/20/07 Enhancement : add practice scale.
- 10/20/07 Enhancement : grace notes duration becomes proportional to the tempo.
- 10/20/07 Enhancement : masquable fingering.
- 10/18/07 Enhancement : grace notes duration has been shortened.
- 10/12/07 Enhancement : grace notes duration has been shortened.
- 10/10/07 Enhancement : new commande "q" to play from pointer location.
- 10/07/07 Enhancement : add the metronome.
- 10/07/07 Enhancement : add option "Options->play grace notes and embellishments".
- 09/21/07 Enhancement : new parrot mode.
- 09/18/07 Enhancement : add anotation insertion.
- 09/17/07 Enhancement : scores can be printed.
- 09/15/07 Enhancement : fast commands "p" and "s" to play and stop playing.
- 09/15/07 Enhancement : new coloration rules for notes at insertion, modification, selection, playing.
- 09/13/07 Enhancement : sound rendering duration is doubled.
- 09/13/07 Enhancement : realtime notes beaming / spliting.
- 09/13/07 Enhancement : open an ABC file is possible by draggin it on the BagPipe.exe icon.
- 09/12/07 Enhancement : hypertext links in online help.
- 01/02/08 Sound and visual animation synchronisation improvement at play time.
- 01/02/08 give up with demisemiquaver representation for grace notes because ABC format do not make the difference.
- 12/19/07 Regression fix : filenames containing spaces, punctuations or special characteres are now suported.
- 12/19/07 Fix : big issue when generating a PDF file.
- 12/05/07 Fix : problem with notes tieing.
- 11/10/07 Fix : bad scaling and padding when generating a PDF file.
- 10/29/07 Fix : in scottish mode, bad key signature picturing.
- 10/22/07 Fix : erroneous empty line insertion in ABC file in case of anotation in the middle of an embellishment. File was unreliable..
- 10/20/07 Fix : grace notes and embellishment duration is substract to those of following plain note.
- 10/20/07 Fix : correct timing ; metronome and playing are now synchronized !
- 10/20/07 Fix : bad restart of perrot recording after having being stopped.
- 10/20/07 Fix : parrot mode : final silence was troncated.
- 10/18/07 Fix : breton embellishments too heigth.
- 10/14/07 Fix : PDF print was troncated at right if the main window's size was 1280x1024.
- 10/12/07 Fix : online help couldn't be opened twice.
- 10/08/07 Fix : unperfect notes beaming.
- 10/08/07 Fix : tie sign was not always placed on the current staff.
- 10/07/07 Enhancement : distance between notes is shortened.
- 10/03/07 Fix : barlines were not always inserted on the current staff
(after staffs resizing).
- 10/03/07 Fix : notes split didn't work always.
- 09/24/07 Fix : breton key signature wasn't displayed any more.
- 09/24/07 Fix : key signature was sometime displayed out of the staff (after staff moving).
- 09/24/07 Fix : ghost grace notes after embellishments masking.
- 09/20/07 Fix : impossible to tie the last notes of the score.
- 09/20/07 Fix : tied notes were not always correctely displayed.
- 09/20/07 Fix : tie sign didn't follow notes deplacements.
- 09/17/07 Fix : Fix of some little defects.
- 09/17/07 Fix : performances enhancement (file reading, notes beaming ...).
- 09/11/07 Fix : in case of staffs moving/resizing, key signature didn't keep correctely placed.
- 09/11/07 Fix : online help was not usable.
1.0 release creation
BagPipe is free of charge and free of use.
By an other hand, if you enjoy this software and wish to suport me, you can make a cash donation using PayPal.